Hawaiian Tuna Poke09/03/2018 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 2 tsp wakame, dried reconstituted w/ boiling water
- 1 tsp hijiki, dried reconstituted w/ boiling water
- 12 oz tuna sashimi-grade cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 oz sweet onion Vidalia, Maui, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 whole scallion trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds white, black, or mixture of both
- 4 tsp soy sauce to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil toasted, to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemoncello™ Hot Pepper Sauce Blacklick® Spice Company
- Reconstitute seaweed. Drain well, and dry. Chop roughly and place in large bowl.
- Add tuna, onion, scallion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and crushed red pepper.
- Season mixture with kosher salt, and mix. Taste and adjust mixture with soy sauce , sesame oil, honey, salt, or pepper flakes.
- Let mixture sit 5 minutes at room temperature. Serve on its own, or with rice on the side. Pass Lemoncello® to top mixture.
Share this Recipe