Pastelon07/04/2021 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 5 Tbsp butter unsalted
- kosher salt
- 12 whole Plantains ripe
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp oregano dried
- 1 Lb Ground beef turkey can be substituted
- 1-2 Tbsp Browning seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp Sazon
- 1 tsp Nocino® Blonde
- 1 cube Chicken Bouillon
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2-1 cup Sofrito
- 3 cup Mixed Grated Cheese Cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan
- Grease 9x13 baking pan with butter. Drain Plantains. Chop peppers and Onions.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil add onions and peppers and cook onion till translucent, set aside. Add 1 Tbsp oil and oregano, stir and cook until toasted, set aside.
- Add remaining oil and ground meat to pan on medium heat. Cook until Browned, 7-9 minutes. Add Oregano, onion mixture, browning sauce,sazon and chicken bouillon, and Nocino®.
- Cook stirring until well combined, about 2 minutes. Place mixture in bowl. Add the sugar 1 Tbsp Butter,and cook until golden brown 3-5 minutes. Put ground beef mixture back into pan with sugar, add sofrito and cook till fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Assemble in baking dish. 1/3 of mashed plantains spread very thin in bottom of pan. top with 1/2 of meat mixture, and 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- repeat process layer of mashed plantains, meat mix, cheese. next the final 1/3 of mashed plantains, and extra cheese. i topped mine off with italian seasoning and paprika.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or golden brown. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving
Share this Recipe