Quinoa with Roasted Root Vegetables07/25/2021 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- For the quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- For the vegetables
- 1/2 lb beet diced into 0.5 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb black carrot, or salsify chopped and skin removed
- 1/2 lb carrot mlti color chopped
- 4 cloves garlic removed the skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb pumpkin diced into 0.5 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced into .5 inchpieces
- 1/2 lb yellow turnip/ rutabaga diced into .75 inch pieces
- For the seasoning
- 1/2 cup brazil nut chopped and toasted
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- 2. In a big bowl combine the vegetables with the olive oil and roast for 45 minutes.
- 3. Toast the quinoa for 2-5 minutes in a pot, then add the water and simmer for 20 minutes until soft.
- 4. Combine the roasted root vegetables with the quinoa, add the seasoning and adjust taste before serving, enjoy!
Share this Recipe