Dal07/03/2019 Off By Gordon Buford
Dal is a simple lentil curry with limitless variations
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onions diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 med jalapeno peppers minced
- 1 Tbsp cumin seed toasted and crushed
- 2 cups orange lentils
- 2 Tbsp ginger minced finely
- 2 Tbsp Garm Masala
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 whole Bay leaf
- 3/4 cup tomatos diced
- 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Heat clarified butter in large pot on medium heat. Add onions and cook till just wilted.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, cumin, lentils, ginger, curry powder, salt, pepper, sugar and bay leaf. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and deglaze pan with the vinegar. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional cumin, salt, pepper, sugar
Share this Recipe