Thai Tea Ice Cream07/29/2019 Off By Gordon Buford
This ice cream is fabulous and rich.
I have always been a ice cream snob, but this has changed my whole outlook on ice creams.
Quick and easy to make.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||6 hours|
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Thai Tea mix Pantai- not instant
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red walnuts Haag Farms
- 1/4 tsp Passion Fruit Extract
- Heat 1 1/2 cup of cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over med low heat. Add tea mix, stir in to combine well. Remove from heat cover and let steep for 30 min.
- Strain tea mix through a fine mesh sieve pressing to get as much of the liquid out as possible. yield will be around 1 cup of liquid, with small specs of tea in it. Chill this in refrigerator till cold or overnight.
- Place vanilla, 2/3 cup condensed milk, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 cup cream in mixer. Whisk on low until combined, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until you have soft peaks. transfer to large bowl and fold in walnuts.
- pour chilled tea mixture into mixing bowl,add 2/3 cup condensed mild, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp passion fruit extract. Beat on low until combined,increase speed to medium-high and beat till soft peaks form.
- pour tea mixture into bowl with vanilla base and gently flod together a couple strokes so the color forms swirls. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze al leas 6 hours or overnight.
Share this Recipe