Romaine Caesar Salad Gratin05/30/2021 Off By Gordon Buford
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 3 jumbo romaine lettuce hearts halved lengthwise and trimmed
- 6 oz. Parmesan cheese grated about 1½ cups
- 1/2 tsp Lemoncello® Pepper Sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 1. Process egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a blender, slowly and gradually drizzling in olive oil until oil is fully incorporated and dressing resembles a thick mayonnaise, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt. (Dressing may be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.)
- 2. Preheat oven to broil with rack 6 inches from heat source. Arrange romaine halves, cut side up, on a-baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Brush romaine evenly with dressing, making sure dressing gets between the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle romaine evenly with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with pepper, and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 to 6 Active time: 15 minutes
Share this Recipe