Spicy Thai Chicken Wings05/30/2021 Off By Gordon Buford
- 6 in whole chicken wings cut in half at the joint
- 1-2 cups tempura flour
- 2 cups cornstarch or potato starch
- Oil oil for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp XXX hot sauce for xrta hot
- 2 cups Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- For sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk together the chili sauce and sriracha until well combined. Set aside.
- For wings:
- 1. Heat enough oil to 350°F or 17 6°C, in a large deep fryer or large Dutch oven.
- 2. Wash chicken wings in icy cold water and place wet into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle
- the wings evenly with the tempura flour until a thin batter forms. Place the bowl under a
- bowl of ice cubes to maintain coldness (preferably)
- 3. Dredge chicken wings in the cornstarch. Shake to remove any excess.
- 4. Deep fry chicken wings in batches (don't over crowd) and cook for about 8-10 minutes .
- Occasionally turning the chicken until cooked through and becomes golden brown.
- 5. Transfer fried chicken wings into a plate lined with paper towels. Season it with salt and
- pepper to taste.
- 6. Then toss it into the prepared spicy sauce. Garnish with fresh spring onions. Serve and
Share this Recipe