Steamed Plantains: Instantpot07/03/2021 Off By Gordon Buford
- I am using mostly ripened plantains in this recipe, however my grocery never has ripe ones on hand so the ones with the black skin were refrigerated whilst the remaining ones ripened. almost a week. Tho hasten ripening place in paper bag with an apple.
- Slice plantains in half. and place in steamer basket with cut side up, do not overcrowd
- Add 1 cup water to instant pot and insert steamer basket.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure at end
- Cool for 5 minutes and peel plantains for use in your favorite recipe
Share this Recipe