Grandpa’s Best Potato Salad10/24/2022 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
|Passive Time||2 hrs|
- 2 lbs. potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks, 5 to 6 medium
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp freeze dried cilantro
- COVER potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- COMBINE Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Tip: Make sure to toss potatoes with the dressing while they are still warm. That way they really soak up the flavor!
Tip: Make sure to toss potatoes with the dressing while they are still warm. That way they really soak up the flavor!
The original recipe uses:
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp Palm sugar
1/2 tsp freeze dried cilantro.
I usually sprinkle 1/2 tsp freeze dried parsley, and paprika to brighten up the dish: but this is not necessary for the flavor
Share this Recipe