Fried Chicken, Grandma’s Best07/21/2019 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp XXX Hot Sauce Blacklick® Spice Company
- 8 medium chicken thighs rinsed and patted dry
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 8 cups peanut oil
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dill dried
- combine first 6 ingredients and sprinkle over chicken, making sure to cover all sides. Put chicken into refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Whisk buttermilk and hot sauce together, adding more heat if desired. Pour this mixture over the chicken and refrigerate overnight. Minimum 3 hours.
- Fill large pot with oil. Heat oil to 375. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and dill, and put into large paper grocery bag
- Remove chicken from fridge, and drain. Dredge the chicken in the flour, and shake off any excess flour.
- Gently place chicken into oil. as the temp of oil drops, try to keep it at 350. Turn chicken every 2 minutes, browning evenly. after 8 min. take one piece out and stick it with a fork all the way to the bone. If juice is clear it should be done.If juice is red put back-in and cook for 2 minutes more.
Share this Recipe