Chess Pie03/17/2020 Off By Gordon Buford
- 1 whole refrigerated piecrust 9 inch
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon allpurpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 lg eggs lightly beaten
- powdered sugar
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 425° for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 2 more minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Stir together sugar and next 7 ingredients until blended. Add eggs, stirring well. Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes, shielding edges with aluminum foil after 10 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, garnish with powdered sugar.
- Note: Coconut Chess Pie: Prepare filling as directed above; stir in 1 cup toasted flaked coconut before pouring into piecrust. Bake as directed above.
Share this Recipe