Charcoal Broiled Bluefish03/13/2020 Off By Gordon Buford
- 2 lbs. flllets or steaks or 3 lbs. dressed bluefish
- 1 charcoal grlll any type
- 30 charcoal brlquets
- 1 basting brush
- 1 hinged wire hand grlll well greased
- 3/4 cup basting sauce your own favorite or Spicy Marinade below
- SPICY MARINADE
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 tsp lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/8 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp rosemary
- Cut fish into serving-size portions and place In well -greased hinged wire hand grill. Baste fish with sauce and
- place, skin side down, about 4 inches from moderately hot coals.
- Cook, baste, and turn fish as follows: FIiiets or steaks:cook 5 minutes, baste tum ;cook 5 minutes, baste, tum; cook untll done, about 15 minutes. Dressed:
- Cook 8 minutes, baste, turn; cook 8 minutes, baste, turn: cook until done, about20-25 minutes. Fish Is done when flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- For Sauce, melt margarine or butter In a small pan. Add rest of ingredients and cook over low heat until seasonings are blended and mixture Is warm.
- Makes about 3/4 cup.
Share this Recipe