Black Bean Soup12/29/2017 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 med jalapeño pepper minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Nocino™ Hot Pepper Sauce Blacklick® Spice Company
- 4 cans Black beans 15 oz drained and rinsed
- 2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 whole limes cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, garlic, and salt. cook stirring occasionally until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and Black Nocino™ Pepper Sauce. Stir can cook 1 minute.
- Add beans and broth to pot, bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes allowing flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and puree 3/4 of mixture in blender or with immersion blender. Add back into mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Serve in bowls with lime wedge to squeeze and stir into soup. Then top with dollop of sour cream. Garnish with Cilantro and Green onions
Share this Recipe