Standing Rib Roast with Wasabi-Dijon Coating05/02/2019 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||2 hrs|
|Passive Time||15 min|
- 1 4 pound prime rib roast make sure chine bone is removed
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Wasabi Hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper coarse grind
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Assemble Ingridents
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix in small bowl mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper, wasabi sauce, and 2 tsp kosher salt
- Place meat bone side down in roasting pan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast meat in lower 1/3 of over for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven, reduce heat to 350. Bursh meat with mustard mixture, coating the top and sides of meat.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hrs more rotating every 20 minutes. Meat will be done when thermometer reads 120 for med rare, 135 for med.
- Transfer meat to carving board and let rest for 20-30 minutes under foil before carving
Share this Recipe