Shrimp Provencial with Lemoncello®06/11/2019 Off By Gordon Buford
This Dish is reminiscent of a dish I ordered many years ago in a fine French Restaurant in Quebec.
I remember calling it Shrimp Proffa Sally: I was a little kid after all. It looked so good but….. I couldn’t stand garlic, and would not eat one bit of if after I tasted the garlic.
Now I love this dish and This is pretty close to the original, only better with the Lemoncello® Sauce.
You can do the same thing with sea scallops.
- 2 butter clarified
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- pepper fresh ground
- 4 cloves garlic chopped very fine
- 2 tbsp capers small, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Lemoncello™ sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Assemble ingredients :note the garlic cloves are not pictured
- Devein peeled shrimp
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt clarified butter and add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. add to the skillet and cook till lightly browned around edges, about 2 min.. Add garlic and stir well while cooking
- chop green ingredients:parsley, basil, cilantro
- Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to pan,along with tomato paste and capers. mix well add the lemon juice and the parsley, basil and cilantro. cook over low heat until shrimp are cooked through and sauce thickens 4-5 min.
- Transfer shrimp to serving plate and spoon some sauce over them put a drop of Lemoncello® on each shrimp. Serve with rice or crusty French bread.
Share this Recipe