Copper Kettle Fudge03/15/2020 Off By Gordon Buford
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 13 ounces marshmallow creme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- In a heavy saucepan, preferably with a copper bottom, heat the butter, sugar and evaporated milk- stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from sticking
- Until the mixture reaches 238 degrees (the "soft ball" stage on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat. Add the chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, vanilla and salt.
- Beat vigorously by hand until all
- ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Lightly butter 2- 7 1/2 x 11¼ - inch baking dishes. Pour fudge into the dish and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Note: Pecans or black walnuts are favorites for this recipe.
Share this Recipe