Cold Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce02/22/2017 Off By Gordon Buford
Great for parties or a light lunch
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 medium Onion sliced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello™ sauce Blacklick Spice Company
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 quart water just to halfway cover the salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dill fresh
- 1 cup sour cream or substitute yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Place salmon in large pan. Add salt, pepper, thyme, Limoncello Hot Pepper Sauce, lemon juice, vegetables. Add enough water to cover the salmon halfway.
- Heat until boiling, then reduce heat, and cover and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. When salmon turns pink, remove it from the liquid and chill it.
- Slice cucumbers very thin and place on salmon.
- While the salmon is cooling, make the Dill Sauce: Combine dill, sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, dijon mustard, and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salmon cold over a bed of fresh spring greens, with the Dill Sauce on the side.
Share this Recipe