Mango Gelato02/22/2022 Off By Gordon Buford
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 pounds very ripe mango (2 to 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Fill a large bowl or pot halfway with ice water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup is clear, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Immediately place the pan in the ice water and let it cool, stirring occasionally, until the sugar syrup is at room temperature.
- Peel and dice the mangoes, discarding the pits. Process the mango along with the lime or lemon juice and the sugar syrup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a container and stir in the cream.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions, probably 20 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a resealable container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Scoop into bowls and serve.
Share this Recipe