Buttermilk Fried Fish Fillets03/12/2020 Off By Gordon Buford
- 2 lbs. skinless fillets
- (cod haddock, whiting,
- pollack hake)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tsp. salt
- Cut fillets into serving size portions. Place the portions in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour buttermilk over portions and let stand for 30
- minutes, turning once. Combine biscuit mix and salt. Remove portions from buttermilk and roll in biscuit mix to coat.
- Fry in 350-375° cooking oil for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn carefully and fry the same way on the
- other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Malt vinegar is good sprinkled on the fried fillet portions
Share this Recipe